Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Installing g++ on rhel and the error " libtool: link: unsupported hardcode properties"

First let me just tell you how generally g++ is installed on RHEL and then the problem which I faced after installing that.

For RHEL,
# yum install gcc-c++

After I installed g++ on RHEL , then when I tried installing some tool/utility from its source code, I got following error "libtool: link: unsupported hardcode properties" while building the source code. This is what I did to solve this problem.

#make distclean
# ./configure
# make
# make install

And this solved my problem

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weeeeee - gotta love Google & blogs like yours! I was flummoxed by this problem while building the latest GParted for Ubuntu 10.04, and your solution did the trick.

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Tank a lot too

Anonymous said...

sudo make install